Being a grown up is particularly difficult for me as the holidays approach. I like to rise no later than 6am but theres a great feeling when the only thing you are required to do is nothing! I decided this year to do a countdown to the holidays schedule.
- Get an energizing workout in at least 45 minutes
- Shower and put on something that makes you feel good about yourself (don’t forget your lipstick and perfume!
- Paint your nails or get them done
- Schedule a massage before the Christmas chaos ensues
- Get those eyebrows cleaned up
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water and add the two to one ration to your coffee and alcoholic beverages two glasses of water per one cup of coffee or alcoholic beverage
- Get on YouTube and do a quick session of Yoga, my fave is yoga with Adriene she has some awesome quick workouts like 7 minutes
- Listen to your favorite music all day and night and sing along
- Practice prevention…. if you feel or hear negativity no matter what it is about put a positive spin on it, you’ll be surprised how a week of no gossip or negativity will help you feel your best!!! Positive words go quite far!!
- Start thinking about the theme you want for this new year! Debt pay off, new job, better parent, more travel, better friend, better husband or wife, learn a new language, buy a new house, start a business, expand your business whatever it is start the plan! No better energy than during the holidays!!!!
- Get rest, plenty of rest!
So as far as meal planning…
I have a new Le Creuset cookbook that I am dyeing to try!
Breakfast will be an assortment of fruits, cereals, breads, sausages and smoothies
Lunches this week will be sandwiches
M-Chicken deli slices
T-Ham and cheddar cheese
W-Nut butter sandwich
Th-Turkey and swiss
F-Pizza or Roast beef sandwich
Dinner of Champions
M-Chicken Cesar Salad
T-Taco Tuesday!!! We’re eating out!
W-Braised beef short ribs and baked potato
Th-BBQ chicken rice pilaf and corn
F- Crab, shrimp, sausage and corn boil -YUM!
- Inventory holiday decorations throw out old and bring in new so you won’t end up with a build up of unused supplies
- Christmas tree gets decorated no later than Friday
- Shop this week for friends gifts, wrap them and put them in the mail or the car
- Address and mail Christmas cards (don’t forget to use those address labels that have been coming to your home throughout the year)
- Plan activities for the two weeks of Christmas break while the kids are home
- Start thinking about your New Years Eve celebration
- Don’t forget to plan breakfast for Christmas so crankiness doesn’t take over
- If possible, get all school work turned in and start your brain shut down for the holiday